retro spring background

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

You know I don't post like I should, and the holidays have not been an exception. This holiday inparticular was very hard on my family. My whole world was turned upside down, and as of now it hasn't gotten better. As I type, my eyes are filling with tears...that seems like the norm too. Two very special people in my life are no longer here with me. My husband's grandmother passed away Dec 17. She was so sweet, funny, and full of life. She loved those great-grandbabies more than anything else. Dec 18th my Dad decided it was time to go be with the Lord as well. He too loved those grandbabies....that is what kept him going all these years. I love my Daddy so much!!!! I know he is in a much better place with no pain and suffering....I do know that, but my heart is having a hard time. I miss him terribly, and I miss Great Granny. So this Christmas is one that was very somber, emotional, and full of tears of joy and tears of sorrow. I loved everything about my dad....especially the way he took care of me and my family!!

Ok, so I have to stop or my keyboard will short out from all the tears! LOL! You know if I didn't have bad luck, I'm not sure I would have any at all. I am usually a very positive person, but right now it's hard to be. We have to have a heating and air unit, my husband jeep died...and it's not coming back, and my main mode of transportation is in the shop getting some pricey repairs. UGH!! Ready for life to get back on track, and this is just the beginning of the year!

Here's a pic of me and my Dad last year on vacation. Anna Grace wanted to go to Mountain Rushmore....and my mom wanted to take them somewhere that they would remember that Granny Jo and Pa Ronnie took them. This was taken at Jackson Hole, WY.

No comments:

Post a Comment